Whether you’re looking to make a St. Patrick’s Day treat for a party or a classroom, these easy Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are sure to please! They use a box of chocolate cake for the cupcakes and homemade mint frosting on top. Add sprinkles or other garnishes and you’re set!
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- Box of Chocolate Cake
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Bake as directed on box. Make sure to fill each cupcake liner only ¾ full as it will rise.
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Room Temp
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Mint Extract
- 2 Drops of Wilton Food Coloring Gel for a Vibrant Green
- Cream butter and mint extract until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix for 30 seconds on low.
- Slowly add in milk while still mixing on low. Mix for 2 minutes on high.
- Add in 2 drops of food coloring and mix until a dark green color.
Let ‘s Put It All Together
- Fill a pastry bag or even a ziplock bag with frosting. Put the Wilton 1M tip in the bag and frost the cupcakes.
- Add sprinkles or other garnish!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!