Homemade Mac and Cheese (Copycat of Noodles and Co.)
This is a great recipe for anyone who loves Macaroni and Cheese. This is an identical recipe from the restaurant of Noodles and Co. and you will not be able to tell a difference with it. This very easy recipe to make and one that the whole family regardless of age will love. Everyone will ask you to make this cheesy goodness over and over again. Here is a list of ingredients that you will need.
- ½lb Macaroni (or one normal sized bag)
- 2 tbs Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbs Flour
- 2 Cups Whole Milk (You can use skim milk if you’d like but the paste does not become as thick as with whole milk)
- ½ tsp Salt (We recently stopped using in this to cut down on sodium and we cant tell a difference)
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Boil the noodles- This one is pretty self explanatory, just boil the noodles until they are soft or how you like them.
- While the noodles are boiling you need to get the cheesy sauce ready.
- Start melting the butter in a pot, make sure you do it slowly so you don’t scorch the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the flower and begin to mix it together. You need to mix it until it becomes a light brown and begins to boil.
- Slowly mix the milk into the mixture. You also want to make sure you slowly heat up the milk to reduce the chance of making the milk curdle. You should mix it until it begins to thicken up a little bit.
- Once the milk is warm enough add the rest of the ingredients like the salt, pepper, paprika and your cheeses.
- Mix until all the cheese is melted and the sauce is orange colored. The sauce will not be too thick and a little bit running. This is how the restaurant likes it, if you do want it to be a little thicker then just add some flour to it in order for it to thicken.
- Pour the desired amount of cheese into the bottom of the bowl. Then place the boiled noodles on top, and to finish it off place a handful of shredded cheese on top.
- You can mix it together to melt the cheese or just eat it however you’d like. Enjoy!