Getting your family prepared to head back to school, can be difficult especially after a long, fun-filled summer. Here are a few of our favorite Back to School Tips to help you along the way.
1. Back-to-School Supplies Checklist - Backpack? Check. Pencils? Check. Safety scissors? Not Yet. Use the same checklist each time you head out to grab supplies, to keep track of what you have already purchased and the things you still need to. These are also handy if you have more than one child. Simply print 2, 3, 4 list and add their name to the top.
2. Bedtime Routine – During the summer we often let those school ruled bedtimes go. Starting the school season lights out routine at least 2 weeks before school begins is a great idea.
3. Sale watch – Starting right about now, stores begin to offer weekly deals on school supplies. Keeping up with those sales, can help you school those much needed supplies at bargain prices.
4. Indulge in something special – Heading back to school is often stressful on both you and your child. To help make the transition easier, try to agree to at least one item they want but you would normally say no too. Perhaps that Ed Hardy Backpack or super cool Nikes can help make their day.
5. Allow them to choice – As a mom of seven this is one of the hardest things for me, but works every time. When shopping for supplies even if your child is a pre-schooler, allow them to attend and decide which color scissors, their favorite folder design, etc. This will help them ease those BTS Blues.
The Back to School Blast was organized by Mom Powered Media.
Please take a moment to also visit our lovely co-hosts, whom without them great things such as these would not be possible: My Vegan Gluten-Free Life, Plum Crazy About Coupons, Capri’s Coupons, Downshifting – Your Family, Your Home, Your Life, Jack of all trades, Master of Mom™, Quick Tattletails, Mew Review and Iowa Mom.
One lucky reader will receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!
Giveaway ends August 15th at 11:59pm, open worldwide, ages 18+. If the winner resides outside of the US, they will receive Paypal cash. To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.